Raising a concern

Our commitment

At Ewings & Co we aim to provide the best possible service to our clients and, in order to do this, we need to know from you if you feel dissatisfied.  Should you have any occasion to feel unhappy about our service, or about the bill, in the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. Should you wish to make a complaint, our Client Care Partner, Paul Ewings is the person who deals with these matters and will be prepared to meet with you, if necessary, to discuss your complaint. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints which is available upon request and also online at www.ewings.uk.com.  

What will happen next?

The Legal Ombudsman

We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time, or if you are not happy with our handling of your complaint, then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman who is responsible for investigating complaints about service issues with law firms. We would hope that this does not become necessary and that we can resolve matters between ourselves.  Contact details are as follows:

PO Box 6167

' 0300 555 0333
* enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk
ü www.legalombudsman.org.uk

The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within one year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned, or within one year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

Complaints in relation to bills

You also have a right to complain about or challenge your bill by applying for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about a bill, if you have applied to the court for assessment of that bill.

Raising concerns with our regulator

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can help you if you are concerned about a solicitor’s behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. Further information is available at: www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.